Thursday 22 May 2014

Inspiration: Sass & Bide Snowbird Cape

Currently swooning over the gorgeous Snowbird Cape by Sass & Bide at the moment! Love the colour, love the fabric they've used and love, love, love the style!! Heck, I even love the name!! The whole thing screams of elegant, simple chic while still being modern and on trend.

Sass bide
Sass & Bide Snowbird Caplet
 The only thing I'm not loving is the price cause let me tell you if it wasn't worth $700 it would be mine by now. Do you ever have it that you fall for an item of ready-to-wear clothing only to find they don't have it in your size or it costs more than your weekly wage??

That's one of the reasons I love sewing my own clothes. It gives me the freedom to choose the fabric and pattern not to mention it can be tailored to my shape and gives me complete control of all the little details that make or break  most RTW clothes.

After falling in love with the cape and falling out of love again once I saw the price tag (so melodramatic!!) I've decided to give it a shot at making my own version of the Snowbird Cape. I'm going to try using the Bellatrix Blazer body, omitting the front lapel and use the Watson Jacket as a template for the cape. Its going to take a couple of toiles but considering its a relatively simple design it should work out. I discovered some beautiful light grey wool with a light blue herringbone stitch in Spotlight last night that's just begging to be bought and turned into a beautiful winter jacket. :-)

Seriously!! Whats my obsession with jackets lately?? Maybe its the weather we've been having lately or maybe its that jackets are so rewarding to sew...



No comments:

Post a Comment